We are excited to have Microsoft as one of our two Diamond Sponsors for EuroPython 2021. Microsoft invests heavily into bringing you the best tooling for Python on Windows and Azure. They have also been a great supporter of EuroPython for many years. Thanks, Microsoft!
You can participate in their free training session, visit their sponsor exhibit rooms, and talk with their staff to learn more about the Python ecosystem they have created.
Please continue reading to learn more about Microsoft.
EuroPython 2021 Team
EuroPython 2021 Website
Another year, another EuroPython, and Microsoft is once again excited to be a sponsor! We love being able to play a part in bringing together a community of developers and data scientists using Python to learn about what’s new in the world of Python and tooling.
This year, to continue supporting this quickly growing community, we increased our sponsorship of the Python Software Foundation to the new top visionary level. We hope you consider donating to the PSF in order to help provide grants and resources for further development and adoption of Python as well as expanding Python outreach by funding the Python Ambassador Program.
On top of growing the Python community, Microsoft’s Developer Division aims to enable every developer. To help achieve that goal, we have worked hard to support Python in Visual Studio Code and in Azure:
- Your default editing experience has been upgraded with the bundling of the Pylance extension, bringing you the most performant and user-friendly experience with rich features such as completions, auto-imports, function signature help, docstrings, contextual highlighting and more!
- The Python extension for VS Code has been improved with added features such as support for Poetry environments, Tensorboard integration, and debugger enhancements that include an integrated feature-rich data viewer and code- reloading for scripts.
- Look no further for PyTorch development! Powerful productivity features such as enhanced Tensor support, Data Slicing, autocompletions and doc-strings for PyTorch APIs and PyTorch Profiler integration have made VS Code the best tool for your PyTorch development.
- VS Code’s Jupyter notebooks brought to you by the Jupyter extension has been completely overhauled this year to be fully integrated with VS Code! On top of a new modern design, you will now benefit from faster load times, built-in source control and diffing capabilities, notebook debugging, as well as the ability to have all your other favorite VS Code extensions light up within the notebook.
- You can build and deploy machine learning models, and connect and work with managed VMs in a highly-streamlined way directly through VS Code by using the Azure Machine Learning extension.
- You can also build serverless Python applications and APIs in Azure Functions with a rich developer experience in VS Code including event driven scaling, all starting at zero-scale with the first million calls free.
- If you’re looking to build intelligent apps, or to manage machine learning workflows, Azure Cognitive services and Azure Machine Learning service are both easily accessible from Python.
Don’t miss out on our talks and training sessions to watch the features mentioned above in action! We hope to see you there!