EuroPython 2020 and COVID-19

As you probably already know, the Coronavirus is spreading throughout Europe and we wanted to give you an update on our current plans around on the situation.

We will update this blog post as new information becomes available.


We have decided to move the in-person event to next year and are considering holding EuroPython 2020 as a virtual event. Please refer to our blog post for more details.


The number of cases in Ireland is still low compared to other countries, but the Irish government is already starting to put limited bans on larger indoor events.

Since EuroPython is planned for July 20-26, we are hopeful that the situation will have improved by then and continue the conference planning with the aim of having the conference on the planned date.

We would still like to ask all attendees to take the necessary and recommended hygienic precautions when attending the event and pay close attention to your country’s travel guidelines. If you don’t feel well, please do not attend the conference - instead, please follow the COVID-19 advice of the Irish Health Service. We will refund your ticket.

Should the conference need to be canceled as a result of the official ban still being in effect in July, we will refund all tickets - even after the official refund cut-off date (June 19th). We are in discussion with the venue to explore options in case the conference has to be canceled, which we will share with you soon as we have any update.

Because the situation is very much in flux, we would recommend that you make booking arrangements with an option to cancel the booking closer to the event date.



EuroPython 2020 Team

Show Comments