Welcome to the first EuroPython Newsletter! We hope to regularly share with you news about the EuroPython Society, updates on the upcoming EuroPython conference and cool Python things happening around us!
📝 EuroPython Society Update
EPS 2021-2022 Board
The entire board are very excited to continue serving the community! Drop an email any time for any improvement ideas, fun projects they should know about or just say hi!
2021 Q4 Fellows
We are overjoyed to announce the Q4 EuroPython Fellows: Giovanni Bajo, John Pinner (posthumously), Rob Collins (posthumously), Valeria Pettorino, Harald Armin Massa, Marc-André Lemburg, Artur Czepiel and Patrick Guido Arminio.
You can read about their contributions to the Society and the conferences, and join us in raising a toast to them!
🍀 EuroPython 2022 Conference Update
We have resumed discussions with the team at The CCD in Dublin. Reacquainting ourselves with The CCD’s beautiful rooms, food & beverages offerings, we have our fingers firmly crossed for EuroPython 2022 to finally take place in Dublin on 11-17 July!
We have also been making some changes to the internal volunteer team structure. We hope to share more details in February and start working with you to build EuroPython 2022!
🎗️ Upcoming Python Events
FOSDEM 2022 (5-6 February 2022)
February is always made brighter because of FOSDEM! EuroPython 2021 learned much of how to do online from FOSDEM. "e are sure to be meeting, learning, and sharing online again this year! See you in the Python Track and beyond!
Python Ireland Meetup (9 February 2022 - Looking for Speakers)
If you are like us who cannot wait any longer to meet more Pythonistas in Ireland, then join them in their February Meetup on Wednesday, 9 February 18:30- 20:30 online! You can submit a talk proposal here: http://python.ie/meetups
PyLadies Dublin Meetup (15 February 2022 - Looking for Speakers)
In this Valentine’s special event, PyLadies Dublin teamed up with PyLadies Munich to share extra love with you! Submit your talk to speak at the special event here: https://share-eu1.hsforms.com/1JaDd_XRCQFKb3cp0akbz8Af1bg5
Python Web Conference (21-26 March 2022)
Early bird tickets for the 4th annual Python Web Conference are available until 1 February! You can use our community sponsor code — EuroPython@PWC2022 — to get an EXTRA 15% off: https://t.co/BQsi9NOeXp
PyCon DE and PyData Berlin (11-13 April 2022)
The wait is over and PyCon DE and PyData Berlin are returning in person! We hear the tickets are selling fast, so grab yours now: https://ti.to/pysv/pyconde-pydata-berlin-2022
The EPS cannot be more proud to be one of their Diversity & Financial Aid Sponsors this year!
PyCon Italia (2-5 June 2022)
If Python + Florence in June sounds appealing, then good news, everyone: PyCon Italy tickets are available for sale: http://pycon.it/en/tickets
As a long-term sponsor of Python Italia, it brings us joy that our grant has made it easier for our friends in the community to get together again.
GeoPython 2022 (13-15 June 2022 - CFP Open)
The EPS are sponsoring GeoPython for the 4th year and we are very excited to learn they are going hybrid this year! Their CFP is now open, so be sure to submit your talk: https://submit.geopython.net/geopython-2022/cfp
📺 Rewatch Past Events
The Pyjamas conference took place on 4-5 Dec 2021. It was a great event featuring many interesting Python talks. You can rewatch the laziest Python conference on https://pyjamas.live/.
Despite having to switch to a remote event, Python Pizza Hamburg made 11 Dec a superbly energising Saturday with a full day of lovely Python talks. We are so proud to have sponsored them a second time. If you missed it live, you can catch up now!
🐍 Cool Python Projects
We will be regularly asking you to share cool python projects you’ve come across through our Friday Recommendations tweets, so do look out for those! In the meantime, here are a few our EuroPython team have liked:
- dataklasses: a library that allows you to quickly define data classes using Python type hints.
- typingx: leverage typing types at runtime to check the shape of your data either in application code or while testing!
- Pixray: an image generation system that combines ideas including Perception Engines , CLIP guided GAN imagery with modifications such as CLIPDraw, and Useful ways of navigating latent space from Sampling Generative Networks.
- Spanish translation of Python Docs: 100% completed!🥳 You can learn more about how to contribute here: https://python-docs-es.readthedocs.io/es/3.10/CONTRIBUTING.html
- Hugging Face Machine Learning for Audio Study Group: explore the field of applied Machine Learning in the Audio domain through a series of presentations, paper reading and discussions
- coqui TTS: a library for advanced Text-to-Speech generation. It comes with pretrained models for measuring dataset quality and is already used in 20+ languages for projects.
- Minitorch: a DIY teaching library for machine learning engineers who wish to learn about the internal concepts underlying deep learning systems. It is a pure Python re-implementation of the Torch API designed to be simple, easy-to-read, tested, and incremental.
Subscribe to This Newsletter
As an organisation going strong in our 21st year, we also accumulated LOTS of mailing lists. We want to try something new in the new year: a cleaner and leaner way of delivering the news to you - this newsletter!
This replaces our previous EuroPython Announcements Mailing List. Apart from the monthly newsletter updates, we will send out a few more conference related emails closer to the conference. So subscribe and stay tuned! 🙌
Unsubscribe: If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters, simply click the Unsubscribe Button any time, at the end of the email: