Featured talk “Morepath: a Python Web Framework with Super Powers”
The talk “Morepath: a Python Web Framework with Super Powers” will be given by Martijn Faassen.
Morepath is a Python WSGI framework written with modern, rich client web development in mind. It uses routing, but the routing is to models. Morepath is model-driven and flexible, which makes it expressive.
- Morepath does not get in your way.
- It lets you express what you want, easily.
- It’s extensible, with a simple, coherent and universal extension and override mechanism, supporting reusable code.
- It understands about generating hyperlinks. The web is about hyperlinks and Morepath actuallyknows about them.
- Views are simple functions. Generic views are just views too.
- It has all the tools to develop REST web services in the box.
Martijn Faassen is a Python developer since 1998. We has been heavily involved in the Zope development and created its own Python web-framework Grok based on the Zope Component Architecture following the configuration-through-convention approach. Martijn also created the widely used lxml parser. His latest developments reg and Morepath reflect the experiences (good and bad) made over the last 15 years in the world of web and CMS development. Martijn Faassen contributions to the Python and Zope world have always been very beneficial. He runs his own software company Startifact.